This is the programme for the day:
• 9.00 a.m. Departure from Florence (or upon request, pick-up in Sienna at around 10.00 a.m.)
• 11.00 a.m. Arrival at Montalcino and visit to the first winery, where you can meet the wine grower who will show you the techniques of viticulture. Wine tasting.
• 1.00 p.m. Light lunch at the local restaurant or in a winery.
• 2.15 p.m. Driving along the hills where you can see the different types of vineyard.
• 2.45 p.m. Visit the Abbazia di S. Antimo.
• 3.30 p.m. Visit to the second winery, where you can visit the cellar and do a wine tasting.
• 4.30 p.m. If time allows, we will spend some time in Montalcino.
• Return to Florence at approx. 6 p.m.